Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Calendar Pictures

It's getting to be that time of year already.

Sending-me-cute-pictures-of-your-Henan-kiddos time.

Just a few notes...

1.  As we are quickly growing into LOTS of families, I am asking that each family only submit TWO pictures.  Please.  For the love of Mike, label them.  Lastname#.jpeg.  Do not label them in any other fun cute way like johnnyonbike.jpeg

2.  If you submit a picture, PLEASE PLAN ON BUYING AT LEAST ONE CALENDAR IN SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER!!!   I had some families last year submit great photos, I squeezed them into the calendar- and nada. zippo orders.  99.9% of the people who order the calendars are parents/friends/relatives of the kiddos IN the calendar.  There is limited space-- so if you don't want to buy one, don't submit a picture.

I'll be honest.  I am all about the money here folks... the more calendars we sell, the more money for HKI. The more money for HKI, the more projects we can fund.  The more projects we fund, the better care those kiddos get.

 Calendars are about $26.  They make awesome gifts for Christmas!

3.  Types of pictures.  Please try not to send me a photo snapped on your iPhone of your kiddo in the grocery store.  It's just not calendar material.  Take some time, go through your 2012/2013 pictures, and find some great shots of your kiddo.

Some ideas/pictures I use:

Family shots
Sibling shots
Beach/summer photos
OUTSIDE PHOTOS ARE GREAT!!!
Make sure random people are not in the background-- it just doesn't look good-- as well as your dishwasher, fridge, or toilet.
Seasonal photos (fall leaves, snow, Christmas, Easter, etc...)
I need photos for the small holiday squares (labor day, St. Patrick's day, Valentine's Day, CNY, etc)
Mom/kiddo pictures
Dad/kiddo pictures
Gotcha day photos-- cannot go wrong there-- makes me cry every time



Remember-- TWO pictures only.  We'll start with that-- if I need more- I will send out an APB.

Email them to me at any time-- those who send them in early do tend to get better spots/bigger spreads than those who send them in the 11th hour.  Just sayin'.

As pictures come in,  I'll post a few to tie you guys ideas.  For those of you still waiting to travel--- I close the calendar the day I have to finish it-- which is usually end of September/beginning of October.. so don't worry-- I can fit you in!!!

I cannot accept pictures of kids not home yet-- sorry!



2 comments:

  1. what is the email you want us to send pictures to? Outlook isn't working on my PC. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these cute pictures.Its really so beautiful.I will be sharing it with few friends and also sharing in delicious.

    Tom and Jerry swim wear

    ReplyDelete