Friday, September 30, 2011

Mission Accomplished

Here are pictures of recently completed projects:


1.  Bouncy Chairs for HeBi:



2.  A group of ladies from one of our HKI mom's church came together to knit a bunch of blankets and clothing--and here are the kiddos (From Zhoukou) all decked out in love:







Never underestimate the difference you can make in these little ones' lives.

Here are current needs:
They need chairs like these. They don't have to be new-- gently used is great.

Also, with winter coming, warm clothes (sizes 3months to 6 years old) are needed as well as shoes, socks, and bibs.  Shipping can be expensive-- so one idea is to ask each person who donates clothing to donate $5 to shipping.  This could be a great activity for a neighborhood, youth groups, scout troops, classrooms, etc...

Also needed is money for 40 new cribs,which will be bought in China. 

Gently used toys (no batteries) or new ones for that matter!

I do believe these will all be for Nanyang's new LOCC room.

Remember-- you can ALWAYS send things to your child's orphanage.  My son is in Zhengzhou, and I plan on making a big box of bibs,toys and clothes for their LOCC.

And we always get pictures of them receiving your items-- as long as you email me to let me know you mailed something.  I then let Xia know, and she lets the orpanage know:)

If you'd like to help out and send some packages- email me and I will email you the address.

The calendar is coming along... I have the AWESOME problem of not having room anymore for quotes!  The pages are filled with beautiful Henan faces! 

No comments:

Post a Comment