Monday, May 9, 2011

changing lives...

There's lots to love about leading HKI.  When my husband and I were first approached by Joshua about leading this organization, every part of me screamed "NO!!!!!!!!!"

I'm not a leader.

And I certainly don't know  a thing about raising money.

And I had 4 kids under 6 at the time, and paper chasing for numero cinco.

Surely I would mess this up?

But what I have found is that God does not call the enabled.  He enables the called.

And leading HKI has just been such an amazing experience- seeing these little ones' lives changed while they wait for families.

And it's pictures like these of little ones in Zhengzhou getting new clothes that just makes it all worthwhile.  These were donated by the Haskin family and were shipped in late April:











I can barely stand the cuteness in that room.  A special thank you to all of you who so quickly responded to the clothing and CL/CP  bottle need at Zhengzhou.  Please know that your act of love changed a life.

And that's what it's all about.

1 comment:

  1. Oh...how wonderful. A box of clothes shipped from NH today!

    ReplyDelete